2011 Fall Finale Better Ball Tournament
The last tournament of the year was played on Saturday October 8th in less than ideal conditions with high wind and some rain but twenty hardy souls braved the elements to compete.
In A division Joe Drake and Bob Hoyles defended their title and won with a score of 74 while Ray and Deon Walsh finished 2 strokes behind with a round of 76.
Ray Warren and Richard Kelly won the low net in Division A with a score of 64 while Perry Stone and Matthew Hackett finished second with a net score of 68.
In B Division Peter Coady and Frank Dober won with a score of 84 while the team of Frank Haskell Sr. and son Frank Haskell Jr. finished with an 87.
Low net in B Division was won in a tie breaker by Eric Ayers and Tom Eastman with a score of 64 and George Bennett and Carl Brown finished second net with an identical 64 score.
Closest shot to the 150 yd marker on hole # 2 was won by Frank Dober while Bob Hoyles hit the longest drive with his brand new Taylormade driver on Hole # 5.
Special thanks to our tournament sponsor Terry Moulton of Winterland.
Below are the scores for the day.
1. Bob Hoyles and JoeDrake 74
2. Ray Walsh and Deon Walsh 76
3. Perry Stone and Matthew Hackett 78
4. Richard Kelly and Warren 81
5. Bill Buffett and Bill Lee 88
1. Frank Dober and Peter Coady 84
2. Frank Haskell Sr. and Frank Haskell Jr. 87
3. Eric Ayers and Tom Eastman 92
4. George Bennett and Carl Brown 93
5. Alf Marshall and Everett Farewell 97